One WEEK.

After just one week, here are some observations 
1. Italian men somehow always dress better than their women.
2. Most fashionable Italians dress in neutrals
3. one word: GELATO
4. Everyone smokes in Italy
5. The E in grazie is actually pronounced! oppss
6. "Pedestrians have the right of way" is a phrase unknown to Italians
7. Italians drive like MANIACS. (Its only a good thing when you are in a TAXI)
8. You either WALK, ride a VESPA, or drive one of the following: Mercedes, BMW, Audi
9. In the centro, coffee shops are not for lounging nor reading.
10. SHOES SHOES SHOES
11. You can't get lost.  There is a Piazza every few blocks
12. Good luck trying to find school supplies that don't have some CRAZY unattractive design on the front that consists of hello kitty, flowers, and other unmentionables.

Today is the conclusion of my first week of classes!. That is right, my classes are only Monday-Wednesday. These past few days have been filled with taking too many notes (my hand is still feeling the pain), spending too much money (who thought lab fees could be THAT MUCH!!), cooking all day long (with the best ingredients I've ever tasted), and napping.  That is right NAPS!  I can't remember the last time I had "free time to NAP.

Today we experienced quite the thunder storm.  I was rudely awaken by the rumbling outside. Our building is so old it literally shook me out of bed. Followed by intense winds and then some down pour.  So i decided I should take a jacket to class. BAD IDEA.  Even through a thunder storm its is incredibly humid but none the less, the day was still splendid. First class of the day was Drawing and Composition.  So excited to get back into my grove of art.  My life is so crazy back home, I've forgotten what drawing felt like. My professor (oh so nice to look at ;) ) took us down to the local art supply store were we purchased all the supplies we'll need. Can't wait to get started.

I also purchased by Visual Merchandising book (hefty penny unfortunately) but the class will be splendid.  Between visual merchandising and consumer behavior I have to observe store shoppers as well as visual displays.  You know what this means, so long traveling and hello SHOPPING!......yah i wish but i can dream :)

After spending a good hour at the market on Tuesday (and getting mistaken for an Italian by an Italian which made my day)  I got into a very domestic mood.  The ingredients here are so fresh, they taste NOTHING like back home and that is a good thing. I can't stop cooking.  Here is a little of what I've been making :)

Garden Fresh Salad with Balsamic

Balsamic Chicken, pasta, Asparagus

The Bread fresh daily from the bakery!




Buonanotte Amici!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your blog! I read it everytime you update it! You are such a good writer. I think you should be a journalist. Glad you are having a great time!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy every minute of Italy. Go out as much as you can. That is one thing I regret. I always stayed in because I had to much homework. Enjoy!!! and take all of Italy in.

Junghee said...

the pictures look so yummy and absolutely gorgeous.
It sounds like you're having a time of your life in Italy. I hope you make many unforgettable memories, and hope you carry on that charm and full of happiness forever! have a wonderful trip in Italy Bea!

<3 Junghee

Post a Comment

Followers