Quando piove a Firenze...

The weather in Florence is incredibly unpredictable. One day its beautiful and sunny, and the next you find yourself stranded in the streets during a downpour with no umbrella. But I'm starting to appreciate these rainy days more and more.  Its my time to relax, catch up on much needed sleep, and often get creative in the kitchen. Sadly, as the calendar days quickly pass before me and my travel days are tentatively over (a depleting bank account is to blame), these days spent indoors have me reaching out to some old hobbies. Sketching, reading, and of course COOKING. So I'm taking this time to share some of my new favorite Italian combinations that will have you appreciate the simple things. 




Fresh PEARS from the farmers market, so juicy and ripe along with 
aged (or fresh) Pecorino di Pienza cheese (purchase from the cheese farmer himself)
Freshly baked BREAD toasted in a pan with olive oil
Hungarian Salami 
HONEY with a saltier cheese is just indredible

A great morning at Mercato Centrale 
Garden Fresh Salad: 
Radishes, Cucumbers, Bell Peppers, Salami, Pecorino Cheese, Lettuce
Drizzled in a Balsamic reduction

When little time prevails..
Farfalle Pasta with Zucchini, Cherries tomatoes, mushrooms
onions, tuna, fresh MOZZARELLA and a smash of Marsala Wine
seasoned with: salt, pepper, oregeno, basil, garlic powder

an unusual combination...
Pasta with PESTO, mozzarella
Over medium fried EGG
Radishes 

Keep a look out for my Italian Cuisines from Italian Restaurants! A London Blog, and Florens 2010. 

Ciao Ciao, 
B

2 comments:

alexandra said...

You made all those dishes? Come back to America already so you can start cooking for me!!!!! Looks like you are having a fabulous time. Can't wait to hear about it when you come back :) xoxo

Beatrice said...

YES! I know I want to cook for people all the time now. And I'll return with many delicious meal ideas

Post a Comment

Followers